February 09, 2012

Project Photoshop!






This is my final piece for my Photoshop project. A lot of sweat and blood went into this; so i'm very pleased with the final outcome. It took many attempts (of which I'll post) to create the final design. There's a lot of meaning behind this work, and so I'll take the time to explain.

Well, first of all it took a lot of time to research photomontages. I looked at multiple artists such as David Hockney and Sean Hillen. Although their work was very intriguing it wasn't enough to get me very far, so I started again. I looked at surrealism and found it fascinating and inspirational, and shortly researching into the history of it, I came across Andre Breton and Salvador Dali.
This photomontage I created is a reminder of being moved around a lot, (or to me it seems) and has given many opportunities for my family and myself. I was born in Durban, South Africa so that's why there's a nice sunny, hot beach. The "floating island" is of Sicily because I'm half Sicilian. The ocean falls into a waterfall as it shows that my family moved over to London where the famous bridge sits on my work. I guess the ocean also reminds me of some of the ups and downs of my life but I still live on and will continue to thrive in opportunities!




This photomontage was the previous one! Although I do like it myself, it didn't have enough research behind it. It wasn't interpreted by an influenciable artist, I just saw a photo of an edited eye... And it gave me a great idea! All the images used in this photo all belong to me. I went to the Cathedral to look for some inspiration with the rest of my class and it turned into this.

There are more photomontages but I feel that they aren't good enough to post on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment